Thursday, January 19, 2012

STUPID cold

It is so cold out here. I know you've heard that before. But it is way colder than last winter. Lot more snow too. I found this news headline today on one of the sites I frequent:

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/17180728/article-Copper-Basin-300-canceled-because-of--impassible--trail-conditions?instance=home_news_window_left_top_4

It says in there that it's been -45 to -50 degrees out here. And I can tell you, it's been that way for about a week now, give or take a day or two. At least it's getting a little lighter, it is almost 10:00 am and I already see dark blue instead of pitch black. So that's something.

Also, our family car is dead. Poor Scott's been trying to revive it, but we can't even get it into the garage, because it won't start and we can't push it in, there's an 8 inch lump of ice we can't possibly push it over. Scott spent a lot of time outside last night trying different things to start it, but it just wouldn't work. I felt so bad for him, it is MISERABLE to be out there for any length of time.

We cannot WAIT to get out of here.

1 comment:

  1. What do people who have lived there forever do with their vehicles to keep them from freezing to the point of non-compliance? I heard about your car situation earlier today! YUCKY!! Take heart, March is right around the corner... almost! <3

    ReplyDelete