Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Can

Lyrics stuck in my head right now. Definitely a good song to have there.

I Can

Looking on the sad times, the guilt and all the shame, 
I have learned to submit my existing hurts and pains
All the grief I've learned to set aside, 
'Cause I am, I am, I am, I am....


Feeling underooted, feeling undermined,
Can this grace of God, cover me this time? 
And when I feel the pain I know why I feel strange
And when I hear the rooster crow, I am ashamed


Jesus on the cross, and this cross upon my back
I have learned to submit then I, I whine about my lack
Sometimes I drop my cross, deserve a little rest,
And that's when I run to You, and I nail Your feet, and Your wrist!


Feeling underooted, feeling undermined,
Can this grace of God, cover me this time?  
And when I feel the pain I know why I feel strange
And when I hear the rooster crow, I am ashamed...


Do You really love my soul, even after I hated You? 
Do You really know my name, can I really come to You...
Are you really more faithful than the changing of the seasons,
And the morning sun,
And do You really know my name, can I really come to You?


I can, I can, I can, I can, I can I can I can I don't care if the rooster crows, if the rooster crows, if the rooster crows, if the rooster crows...

No comments:

Post a Comment