Sunday, January 15, 2012

Is it seriously Sunday already?

Wow! I can't believe how quick this week went by. It was pretty much just a blur of spit up, diapers, feedings, more spit up, laundry, spit up, more laundry, diapers, and really sore muscles. I managed to stick with the Insanity! DVD all week, except for Wednesday. I just couldn't bring myself to do it Wednesday. These work-outs are seriously intense, and every day I have to convince myself all over again that I want to exercise. I've definitely wanted to give up several times. Especially when I look in the mirror to make sure my form is correct, and all I can see is the stuff that...well...jiggles. Ew. It makes me feel disgusted. And then I feel like I don't see results fast enough so I want to quit. Thankfully today was a rest day, so I was very glad to not have to think about exercising. But it all begins tomorrow again.

Today has been pretty good, we put Micah in the nursery since we were doing worship this morning, and it was nice for both of us to be able to sit there and actually pay attention to the sermon without worrying about whether Micah was going to start fussing or not. We only put him in the nursery when we're on the worship team though, we rather like having him with us in service.

Pastor Adams has been preaching on Ecclesiastes, which we all thought would be rather depressing, especially given the dark and the -40 temps these days. But it's actually been a really big encouragement. This morning while he was preaching, my mind sort of wondered away from the sermon, but I was thinking about eternity. It's kind of terrifying to think about eternity. Sometimes I wonder if I really am a Christian, and it is horrifying to think what would lie ahead of me for eternity if I wasn't one. But at the same time, it really puts things in perspective to me. Life IS fleeting, and when you think about it in the context of eternity, it is a mere vapor. So when I am depressed because it is 72 degrees below freezing and dark all the time, or frustrated because Micah fusses and I don't know what's wrong, or upset because the house is constantly messy and no sooner do I clean it, it gets super messy again in a snap...all this is SO unimportant when I will eventually die and then spend eternity..FOREVER...either with the everlasting, incredible God, or in absolute and constant agony. These things that seem so big to me right now really are nothing. And to me, it is sweet to realize this.

Anyway, my mind is rapidly fading. Despite a nice, long (THREE HOURS!!!) nap today, I am still exhausted. I will try to post more this week, but if it passes as quickly as this week has, it may not happen as often as I hope. It seems like I just posted something yesterday. So strange. Ah well. Now I'm seriously mumbling and I need to get off. I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your holiday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment