Thursday, January 12, 2012

Only Two Weeks Late...

Wow, I just have to say, thank you to all of you who responded to my last post. I was really grateful for it all.

Our first Christmas with Micah this year was very enjoyable. Of course, I was still kind of sad we couldn't really be with family, but hopefully that will change soon, since we have less than a year now before the military moves us somewhere else. Hopefully closer to either family.

Despite that, we were still able to enjoy family somewhat, since the first thing we did was set up the computer in the living room, and have a "Google hang-out" with Scott's family, and a bunch of Washington friends. It was good to see all your faces. We clowned around a bit too with the funny features Google has for face recognition:

(sorry Ethan. :P)

For breakfast, we fried up some "ugly eggs" with maple moose meat we got from a hunter friend of ours. It was amazing. Even Micah may have drooled over it. At least the smell anyway.



After we were done with that, we spent a pleasant afternoon and evening just enjoying being together as a little family. Playing with Micah, having fun with our loot, and when the little one went to bed, we were able to spend time just talking and enjoying each other's company, just the two of us. On top of all that, Scott got to be home for over a week!


























I wasn't planning on doing this, but I just had to share our "loot." I got Scott something that has been on - I guess you could call it - our bucket list. There's a dive shop in town pretty close to us, and I went there and bought us scuba diving lessons. Just one class, but it'll make for a great date. Especially with winter being so awful right now. At least we have something to look forward to. We're planning on doing it in February sometime, both of us are excited. And Scott bought me a new camera lens! It's a 50mm lens that has a really shallow depth of field, I've really enjoyed experimenting with it. All of the pictures I've taken after Christmas are taken with that lens. We also discovered that the little camera store where Scott got the lens also RENTS lenses for not too bad a price, and these are super expensive lenses that we would never be able to afford. So when summer hits we're planning on renting lenses a few times and going out to Denali or something to experiment with those. Now all I need to get is a good editing program. Because right now, I can't seem to edit ANY of my pictures, although I have tried. I can't figure out why it won't save the edited pictures. Oh well. I'm trying to see it as an opportunity to get even better at taking pictures, because I know I'll have to post them unedited for now, and so I'd better get them to look as good as I can.

And, this is a little gift Scott received from Hannah. We named him Pablo, and I designated him as the Guardian of the Cookies and Chocolate, hoping that maybe he'd prevent me from dining on all things wonderful.
It didn't really work. 

All in all, it was a good Christmas. Hope you all had a good one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment