Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Insanity all around

It's official. I have gone mad. Somewhat in a good way, and somewhat bad. (Ooh oh! It rhymes!)

I know I am terribly behind on posting, although sometimes I wonder if anyone ever even reads this stuff. Maybe I should just post pictures and shut my mouth on here too, and get a nice journal. But I digress.

These last couple weeks have been really hard, mentally and physically. Winter is really getting to me now. I know the days are getting longer, but it just doesn't seem like it's happening fast enough. I don't think I've seen the sun in about a month, and the little I HAVE seen of it, it's just this faint glow because it's either rising or setting. Also, we have close to two feet of snow, and it's been extremely cold outside. So cold, the -12 temp we had yesterday was warm to us. I feel like crying a lot. Ever since Scott went back to work, I've also been feeling really alone. And I went nuts for a few days when I discovered I could hop a military plane to Hawaii if I wanted to. After that discovery, I spent a couple days calling the 24 hour flight recordings of possible base terminals on which I could potentially catch a hop, and looking up everything I could about Hawaii. I seriously feel like I'm going insane. I want so badly to be on a beach somewhere really sunny. But, it would be monstrously selfish of me to leave my poor husband by himself in all this. Besides, Hawaii wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable without him anyway. So I'm staying here. In order to keep myself sane until we FINALLY get to LEAVE this place for a while, I'm trying really hard to focus my energies on something else besides how miserable it is out here. Here are some things I've thought of (some of which I'm actually doing.)

1. Go tanning. Not sure about this one yet. Lots of people out here do that when they get all depressed like this. It just might be worth the money, and I don't plan on doing it after we leave AK. I don't think tanning a few times is going to give me cancer.

2. Take pictures, and actually upload them to the computer, then actually post them.

3. Read, a lot.

4. Play piano

5. Think of ways I could bless my husband and new ways I can possibly bond with Micah

6. Research everything I can about every Air Force base in the world, so wherever we end up next I'll be slightly more prepared

7. Sort of embarrassed to admit it, but I've been playing the Sims quite a bit these days. (And by quite a bit, I mean I've finally started doing it for the first time since Micah was born) It's always sunny in the Sims' world. Plus, you can make them live on the beach. Moving on...

8. Have dates to go try different things out here. Next date we may try the contra dance club in Fairbanks. We've been here 2 years and still haven't done that.

9. Find a bunch of cool do-it-yourself projects that I can do really cheaply to decorate or organize the house more.

10. Exercise! Which brings me to...

The next part of the insanity. I have officially begun the "Insanity!" work-out DVD here at home. I've been doing it for a couple weeks now, but I haven't done it as often as I'm supposed to, and I am following the wrong order for the exercises. So last Friday I downloaded the calendar for it, and today I am beginning to actually follow it. Just finished the first workout, it's pretty brutal. But great for a home based work-out.

Despite how tough things have been lately, I DID capture a few moments on camera these past few weeks that I'd like to share. I also have several posts I'm working on, one of which is about Christmas and New Year's. I know it's REALLY late, but I don't want to forget, and I wanted to share those pictures too. So without further ado...

More playtime with the boy!




 Still cold.


Folding laundry...

Until I got distracted. 




And then he fell asleep and I was able to have some quiet time.


The End.

3 comments:

  1. My wonderful beautiful friend, I love your heart so much. I'll have you know I check your blog everyday, more than once a day, and I love hearing your thoughts and what you are up to. It's so easy to feel stuck and miserable, I get that. I feel stuck at a job where I love the people but holds no future. Isn't it wonderful that we get the sweet joy of knowing, even if that's all we ever do in this life, heaven awaits us with eternal joy and sunshine and glory. While you are stuck here (there) in the cold, have an indoor picnic with your little man, or your hubby. Spread out a beach towl, make some sandwhiches and lemonade, and put on a sunny movie :). Also, there are some really cute valentines day crafts out there! If you want I can email you some. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you miss sunny Virginia! Though...it is cloudy and cold today. But cold is only 50. Above zero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah is getting so big but still as adorable as can be! I can't wait to finally meet him. I hope we do get a chance to see each other when you come to VA! I love reading your blogs too girl, love ya!

    ReplyDelete