Saturday, October 8, 2011

A mind-full. Part I.

So, I've had a lot on my mind the past couple days. That sounds really serious. I don't mean I have terribly important things I'm thinking about, just that there's a LOT I've been thinking about. Both good and maybe kinda bad. I'll start with the maybe kinda bad first.

I was sort of scared to leave facebook. Because I had a lot of friends on there, and I wasn't even sure if some of them actually were my friends or not. Usually I didn't add anyone unless I enjoy their company and they seemed to enjoy mine and we'd known each other a while... friends, right? I am very grateful for the many people who responded and wanted to keep in touch. But a lot of people also just left the conversation without replying. Which... I do understand, I didn't realize until after a few replies that EVERYONE in that message got everyone else's responses unless the responses were started in a new message. I felt bad for annoying everyone like that. Oops. I'll blame it on facebook. E-mails don't work that way, right? Unless you hit 'reply all'? ANYWAY. Some of those people I understood, because we already keep in touch a lot outside facebook, they don't need contact info or anything. But some left, and I felt really disappointed that they didn't seem to care to keep in touch at all. And they were people with whom I thought I had a good friendship. I'm not trying to attack anyone, the fault is with me. I just need to realize that not everyone on the planet is going to like me (have you noticed I'm a huge "people-pleaser"?) and that they could actually go the rest of their lives without knowing me ever again. And I need to be fine with that. After all, I need to be wanting to please God, not man.

And there's so many other things, but that was just one thing, and I'm starting to realize this post is going to be a mile long if I post everything that's on my mind. So now I'll just post one or two of the good things and leave the rest for the next post.

The snow still has not fallen, the days are all very bright and beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. I'm determined to get out today to take advantage of it. Because the days are getting much shorter, and I know that soon enough, they will only be about 4 hours long of one long sunrise and sunset. I really don't like the dark out here. The cold and snow I can stand. (Although the snow gets really old after a while too...) but the dark is depressing. No wonder there are "happy lights" everywhere out here. Seriously. That's what they're called, "happy lights." You go sit under one for 15 minutes, and it supposedly imitates the sun and you're supposed to feel better after you do that, and not go get drunk or high. Lots of people get drunk out here. Wow, see? My mind is just BURSTING. It keeps jumping around everywhere. Wait, and that was supposed to be one of my good things. The good thing is, the snow is still not here. And I am happy.

Ok, now I'll just stop before I bore everyone to tears. But before I go, I leave you with a picture I got yesterday of my little guy. I thought it was pretty funny. :) Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of both you and Scott in Micah. It will be fun to see his personality develop more and more to see who he is more like on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til you guys come for a visit! I miss you girl and can't wait to see you and meet Micah for the first time! :) I will always love you girl and I just wanted to let you know that! I still have you and Scott's wedding photos on my refrigerator for me to look at!

    ReplyDelete