Sunday, October 9, 2011

A good weekend. :)

I am so amazed at all the blessings God has given me. I SO do not deserve it. The past couple days have been great time with my little family. Yesterday Scott had to work, but fortunately he was able to get home around 12:30 or so, and the rest of the day was a quiet, restful time. Since he had to get up early, while we were hanging out in the living room, he proclaimed that he and Micah were going to take a nap. And they did. Right in the middle of the living room floor. PERFECT photo opportunites. Except for the lighting. I cannot seem to get the hang of good lighting. I'm never satisfied with my pictures in that area. Anyway, here are a few pictures of that I captured. :)

"But I'm not tired!"

"Kinda hungry though..."

"I think I'll grab a bite to eat..."

"Ew! This does NOT taste right!"

This sight is so dear to my heart. :) 


The sermon today was excellent, we're going through the book of Luke, and today was on the subject of spiritual gifts and fruit. It got me wondering, what kind of fruit am I producing? It's not a rhetorical question, feel free to answer. And be honest. Our pastor encouraged us to ask our other believing friends what kind of fruits and spiritual gifts they see in us, which I thought was an excellent idea. So, those of you who know me well enough (or even those who don't but something stands out) what spiritual gifts do you think I have? I'm curious to get some outside opinions. I also wondered if being faithful with what God gave me means making my family my ministry right now. I've never quite believed for some reason that my family IS my entire ministry, I always thought I'd reach out to more people than just that. But I will admit, my family is taking most of my energy right now. Something I've been pondering off and on for a while. I may visit this topic more later on, after I think about it some more.

After church, we ran some errands, stocking up on winter emergency gear (freeze-dried food, road flares, etc.), and went to a baby consignment store. I was glad we did, because Scott was wearing Micah in this sling that a friend gave us, and a lady in the store told us that the sling had been recalled because babies could suffocate in it. I was actually relieved to hear that, because I try to trust the stuff we have to take care of Micah, but that sling really scared me sometimes. So we got a carrier that's comfortable, both of us can wear it, it looks comfy for the boy, and it was $10.00 and not recalled. We stopped by the house, then drove out to the Chena Lakes Rec Area to take a good walk and take some pictures. I'm hoping to use one of them for a Christmas letter, so I won't post those right now. But it was very enjoyable; it was a beautiful day today, clear skies, sun was shining, and not too cold yet. Scott got cold, but I was running back and forth from us to the tripod and back again, so I got some exercise and warmed up. Hehe.

And now, we still have the rest of the evening to relax before we get back to the daily grind tomorrow. This has truly been a great weekend.

On a completely different note... this blogging thing is harder than I thought. Not because I don't have material, it's because I have too MUCH to say. There's still so much on my mind right now, but this post is once again getting rather long. But I had this brilliant idea the other day to just quickly jot down on my little notebook or a wordpad document on the computer the things that I'd still like to share whenever I think of them, and then I will have a never ending supply of things to write. Although I'm going to be all eager and impatient to post the next thing, so it'll be kind of hard. I get excited over really little things. :P

I will stop there for now. Until next time...

Ciao. (That sounds cool, in my head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment