Monday, October 10, 2011

McDonald's and Motherhood. And how they tie together in my world.

Being a mom is a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, I love being one, I love my son very dearly, and I would do anything for him. But sometimes, there is a time when I very badly want change. It can be very monotonous around here. Every day consists of feeding the baby, burping the baby, changing the baby, putting the pacifier back in his mouth a dozen times every 30 seconds or so, doing the laundry, bathing the baby, feeding the baby again, burping the baby again, changing him again...and all that within the course of a couple hours. Repeat. Over, and over, and over again. Even the weeks have the same tone to them. On Mondays, I usually am cleaning up from the weekend, and doing a load or two of laundry. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I am attempting to perhaps clean the bathrooms or the floors, whatever is dirtiest, and doing more laundry. Thursdays, I go to PWOC (a women's Bible study at the Army base out here), and try to go grocery shopping. Fridays are a repeat of Tuesdays. All this of course on top of feeding, changing, burping, etc. The weekends are a bit more lax, since Scott's usually home to give me a slight reprieve. But then it all starts over again on Monday. I'm sure you get the idea now.

So now, I've been really wanting a change. I want to streak my hair. I want to wear makeup, maybe. I'd at least like to try. I want to wear nail polish. And actually be good at putting it on. I think all my clothes are hideous, and they don't fit me right. (And no amount of weight loss is going to change certain things.) Scott and I were talking about this the other day, and I told him I just want to be... well... more feminine I guess. He knows I've been trying to lose weight and get back to my original size (I only have a few pounds left to go), so he offered to give me a bunch of money when I lose the weight to get new clothes and accessories and anything I'd like within the limit he set. I'm really excited. We were also talking the other night about how it'd be fun if I could go get a makeover at a spa somewhere, or something. Just for the fun of it. (Isn't my husband wonderful??) :P I secretly thought though, that that will never happen because, let's face it, spas are super expensive. Manicures alone generally cost about $40.00. And that's cheap. The next day, we happened to get McDonald's for lunch, and we got a bunch of those Monopoly stickers to win things. Lo and behold, I got TWO out of the THREE tickets I'd need to win a $200.00 spa certificate!



I instantly decided that this was no coincidence, and I have just GOT to get the last sticker. Scott thinks I'm ridiculous, but he thinks it's pretty funny, so I don't care. I registered on the website to play, and we've been getting McD's now when we eat out. We're going to be tired of that food by the end of this. I suppose I've been well and truly "suckered in" to their marketing skills. Well done McDonald's, well done.

Oh, we also got a bunch of free medium fries, and one of the two $1,000,000.00 stickers needed for, well, $1,000,000.00, but I don't really care about that one. I know we won't win. I'm just humbly reaching out for the $200.00 makeover. So... if any of you happen to get McD's one day, and you happen to get one of the food/drinks with the stickers, and you are not interested in getting the spa certificate, and you just happen to get sticker #328... could you send it to me?

And now, back to the monotony. It's time to feed my son. And maybe paint my toenails. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment