Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm feeling rather "blah" at the moment. Still pretty tired, and no end in sight. Also this will probably be pretty random since my mind is just jumping around everywhere. Here is a sample of what is going on in my head right now.

- We have a bunny in our backyard. Ever since we moved here, at the beginning of the summer, this little, brown bunny was often spotted munching on grass and leaves. When our families were out here, they all got to watch the bunny too. Over the past two months, the bunny has been changing from brown to white. He looked rather comical with white legs, a white nose, white ears, white tail, and brown everywhere else. But we saw him today, and he is almost all completely white now, he looks so beautiful and soft.


Before...
 After...


- I can't wait 'til Micah goes to bed. I am to a point right now where anytime he starts that little, heart-breaking pouty face, and then begins screaming, I either want to start sobbing or I want to get angry. Usually, my outward reaction is to just stare blankly at him and try to find the source of the discomfort while the cries pierce through my brain. And every nerve in my body shatters. Or at least that's what it feels like. After the incident the other day though, I've been better about not getting angry again and just doing what I have to in sort of a mechanical way. I hurt inside for him though. And feel super frustrated at the same time.

- On the plus side, he took a nice, long nap today while I was at a friend's house, and we began a quilt. I'm excited about that. I really need to get out of the house sometimes and do pleasant things with other people to stay sane. Also, winter is coming, so everyone is trying to find some routine that allows them to forget about the cold and the dark. That's another way people prepare for the winter out here - get a major social life. Or get drunk. But I don't plan on doing that. So social life it is.

- Unfortunately, because I spent most of the morning/early afternoon working on this quilt with my friend, the housework didn't get done, so as soon as I'm done posting, I'm going to have to get working on that. And tomorrow after my doctor's appointment.

- Speaking of that, I am also dreading that because I'm afraid they're going to do some things that I absolutely hate and I won't be candid enough to share what it is, so it's enough for you to know that I really want tomorrow morning to be over with.

- Wow. I am really being a downer today. I tend to re-read what I write about 12 times before I actually post anything, to scan for spelling errors, grammar, punctuation (some of which is wrong on purpose. It looks more conversational.) also... I really like almost memorizing what I write so I can be all happy when people comment on it and I realize people are actually reading it. I'm going to assume that part is for rather prideful reasons.

- So now I'm going to end with something happy: we think Micah MAY have tried to laugh the other day. (Did I post this already? I'm not sure. Oh well.) We were about to give him a bath, and he was laying on a towel with just his diaper on. Scott had his feet, and started clapping them together. Micah gave him a huge grin, and then Scott took Micah's feet and touched Micah's face with them. Suddenly, the huge grin got almost impossibly more large, and then he began to kind of inhale rapidly. It's hard to describe. It was ADORABLE. I got video of it, however, you can hardly hear what he's doing because I am so overcome with excitement that I'm speaking in a super high, squeaky, loud voice. I swear I almost go inaudible once my voice is so high-pitched. So ridiculous. So hopefully we can get another video sometime soon, and this time I will shut my trap. :) And here are some pictures we took yesterday and today. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. I love those dimples! So adorable. I'm speechless! LOL

    ReplyDelete