Thursday, October 13, 2011

A mind-full. Part 2. (Pictures included.)

Today is so much better than the last couple days. I have so very much for which to praise my God.

The Dr. appointment went well, better than I expected. This doctor was actually very patient with me and very kind. He dispelled all my fears and all my belligerence went away. I admit, I drove there this morning talking to myself like a crazy person. I was having a conversation with some invisible doctor and imagining what they might say to me and it sounded something like this, "I've been through ENOUGH with you people, you are all quacks. You don't care if you hurt your patients as long as the job gets done and is done quickly. I don't trust you at all. I've been through enough pain the last couple months, both physically and mentally when you hurt my baby over and over again for no reason. There is no way on earth you are TOUCHING me." And on and on it went. I was sort of growly. (I know that's not a word. I made it up.) And then, when I entered the room and realized that exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen was going to happen whether I liked it or not, I'm pretty sure I got the look of some cornered, wild animal on my face. The doctor and his assistant came in, sat down, and I felt like I was about to be stupid. He looked at me very kindly and said, "Are you ok? You don't look so good," and I promptly burst into tears. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I cry too much. They were both instantly saying, "It's ok, you can reschedule if you're uncomfortable with this, here's a kleenex," I got control of myself quickly with the, "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired" explanation, and told them I was rather scared. Praise God he was so understanding. The rest of the appointment went very smoothly, no more tears. I drove away relieved that it was all done and I wasn't traumatized. So, I'm glad for that.

Also, I have the most wonderful husband in the world. When I got out to my car, there was a note on the driver's seat saying, "Love you, Scott" it made my day. I was smiling the whole way home. And last night he made dinner, cleaned the WHOLE kitchen, dishes and all, and after Micah went to bed he just let me talk to him and tell him some things I've really been struggling with and really frustrated with, and it was such a comfort. I love him so much. I am so very blessed.

Micah seems to be feeling better already since I cut most dairy out of my diet again. I'm glad. I like it when he's happy. I think he's going through a growth spurt too, he's eating a lot right now and sleeping any chance he gets. Precious boy. I'm sometimes overwhelmed with how much I love him. I'm enjoying all his smiles, and I just KNOW he's going to laugh soon. Before I put him down for his nap a few minutes ago, he laughed in his sleep like usual, but instead of the usual hiccup-sounding laugh, it was a real laugh! So very sweet. It warmed my heart up. I also got to talk to my dear mom today, and she got to hear all his happy sounds. It was great. :) I cannot wait to go out there and see all of you again. Please be praying we get everything figured out with buying the tickets as cheap as we can, and that Scott's leave goes through.

And now... for my to-do list for the day (or probably for the rest of the week) in no particular order. I'll be starting on this as soon as I finish here:

1. Laundry (seriously... I have to do laundry pretty much every day. It is never ending.)
2. Wash the breakfast pan, run the dishwasher
3. Vacuum Micah's room, computer room, and our room
4. Make the bed
5. Wash all the blankets/linens
6. Work on finishing the prep work for my quilt
7. Make a menu plan, finish making grocery list
8. Grocery shopping
9. Tidy up the house
10. Figure out where to put Scott's bike (it's on the mount we just bought right now so it can be ridden inside)
11. Write some letters
12. Burn some pictures on a CD for my grandparents (Note: this one is important!)

Bigger projects for the next couple months include but are not limited to:

1. Sorting out Micah's room, rearranging some things since we have more furniture in there and more clothing
2. The great laundry switch...taking the winter clothes out of the bin, and putting all our summer clothes away
3. Beginning to plan out and organize the upcoming holiday season (that one should be FUN! :D)
4. Start making some Christmas gifts
5. Trying out some new, dairy-free recipes

Hmmm. These lists aren't actually as big as they used to be. But they're definitely big enough, with Micah around.

Time to get busy (and grab something to eat before he wakes up). So I leave you with more of the many faces of Micah. :)




1 comment:

  1. What a CUTIE! I love the last picture. I'm sure I have some "dairy free" recipes if you need any!! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete