Thursday, April 19, 2012

SO full

My heart, it is so VERY full right now. I simply MUST write about it because I'm alone right now, the baby is sleeping, I have no one to talk to, and I just can't stand it any longer.

God is INCREDIBLE. Today, He gave me a very, very clear answer to prayer that I was absolutely not expecting. It actually shook me up because the moment it happened I realized that it was NOT coincidence, and that He was speaking to me. It was at Bible study today, through a couple of guest speakers we had. I sat there with tears streaming down my face because I knew that God was speaking personally...to me. To ME of all people. Astounding. I talked to one of the speakers right after, and she had tears in her eyes as well because as soon as I started talking to her I started crying more (tears more of astonishment than anything, not sadness) and she got to see God actively at work through her. Her husband is stationed where Scott is stationed, so she gave me her contact information and we're going to arrange to have dinner with her and her family so we can discuss this answered prayer more and "pick her brain," so to speak. Unfortunately for you, my dear readers, I can't disclose what exactly this "thing" is just yet. I feel the need to be discreet until Scott and I reach a final decision. But I will say that I think God is about to be working through us in a very big way.

Another big thing that is happening with me that I CAN talk about, is that as a result of reading the book "Unplanned" that I shared on here a couple months ago, and contacting the coordinator in Anchorage asking about what I can do...I will be helping bring the 40 Days for Life campaign here to Fairbanks this fall. Or really, God will be bringing it here through me. I can hardly WAIT to get started. I think this is going to be an amazing way to see Him work through me, first-hand. Besides the fact that abortion is a horrific thing and I desperately want to do something about it, that was the main reason I wanted to get involved in this venture.

So, that's mainly what's on my mind now. I'm afraid I am about to go "stalker" on the poor coordinator in Anchorage, I e-mailed her last week about something, and then saw the horrible news story today about Planned Parenthood (I'll post a link at the end of this post) and e-mailed her again, and then I realized that I have a phone number I can call to reach her. I completely forgot about it. Poor girl. :)

And now writing about this has just excited me even more instead of calming me down, so I leave you with the story, and probably wondering what in the world has gotten into me. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely excited to hear the secret question and answer that you are not sharing just yet! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete