Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Aaaand we're back!

Whew! I know it's been a long time since my last post. We got back from our month-long sojourn to the lower 48 last Thursday. I'm still unpacking and trying to get back into a routine. As soon as I am done with all that, I will try to post pictures. It will take several posts, however, lots of catching up to do!

The trip was good, but exhausting. It was wonderful to see all of you again! I AM actually very glad to be home again though, I was actually starting to miss the routine. And now, it's been in the mid 50's - low 60's the past couple days out here, winter is finally over! Still lots of snow in our backyard, but most everywhere else it's melting and making gigantic puddles everywhere.

For a few updates...some of you know that I've been struggling with some physical issues since about the middle of our trip. I went to the doctor as soon as we got home, and they put me on medication for a year and told me to come back if the condition hasn't improved in the next 2 - 3 weeks. It seems to be improving so far, the only problem is the medication is this orange flavored powder I'm supposed to dissolve in water and drink every morning and evening, and it makes me feel nauseated. Disgusting. I gag every time I drink it. The powder never completely dissolves despite my best efforts, and it leaves a residue in my mouth. The problem isn't completely gone, but at least I'm able to function more normally now. I've lost about 8 pounds from this issue (which I'm DEFINITELY not complaining about), but this is certainly not the way I envisioned losing weight. :-P The praise I have is that the doctor is certain it isn't Crohn's disease or something serious like that (they considered the possibility) and she feels sure that it is related to me not having a gallbladder anymore. Now I'll back off before I get too gross. ;-)

Scott went back to work yesterday and everything seems to be good. He's playing with a band at a big banquet this Friday, and is of course, very excited about that. Apparently they're also playing for two other events that we know of. It's been a bit crazy since they practice just about every day now, and now the craziness won't be over after the banquet. Ah well.

As for the little boy, he finally cut his first tooth! There's another tooth next to it trying to push its way up. I'm slightly sad that he's not all gums anymore, since I found that absolutely adorable, but that little tooth is ALSO very cute.

That's all for now, I'll try really hard to catch up on posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment