Monday, February 6, 2012

Wow

I have been wrestling lately with the gospel. Again. Mainly these questions keep popping into my head, "Does God REALLY see Christ when He looks at me? Am I really covered? Don't I have to do something? Where in  the Bible does it say that God is happy with me all the time because He is looking at Jesus and not me?" And round and round it goes. I mainly just struggle with the "doing" part. And then I opened my Bible today. And the answer was staring me RIGHT in the face. Incredible.

Romans 4:4-8
"Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work, but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same things when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

             "Blessed are they
                   whose transgressions are forgiven,
                   whose sins are covered.
              Blessed is the man
                   whose sin the Lord will never count
                           against him."


Oh my goodness. More and more I see just how amazing all of this is.

And now I have to run. So much on my to do list today. I will try to post more pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. You're hitting on what Martin Luther discovered, my dear. The Gospel is about heart-relationship to our Creator. We DO PRODUCE good works, as we abide on the Vine, but we PRODUCE, not CREATE them! He's so faithful to glorify Himself in those very things. Amen. Great to see you getting revelation and understanding. Now go obey! Love you!

    ReplyDelete