Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Unplanned"

I must write because I am feeling rather emotionally exhausted, but I want to share this before I go to sleep.

The other day, I took Micah out to town because the sun was shining, and I decided we just needed to get out of the house. It was a beautiful day. I went to Barnes and Noble, and while browsing through the books, I came across one that caught my eye. The title of the book was "Unplanned," by Abby Johnson. This woman became a director for a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bryan, TX. She worked there for 8 years, and then abruptly left and joined the Coalition for Life. I bought the book. I couldn't find it at the library and I figured it was definitely something I wouldn't mind spending money on.

Today, Micah somehow slept for almost four hours, and I read the entire book during that time. I am completely shaken up. It's definitely an amazing story, one that shows how God worked through this woman's life and changed her heart, and He is certainly glorified through it. But the stories she tells in there...there were a few times where I ended up sobbing almost uncontrollably as I read. I've always known abortion is bad. But now that I have a baby of my own...I just couldn't BEAR to think of the things she was describing that went on in that clinic. My heart absolutely broke for the babies and the women who carried them - but carry them no longer. I'm about to tear up all over again just thinking about it.

I want to do something. I don't know what yet. But I want to do SOMETHING. I looked at the pregnancy center out here that our church supports to see if I could volunteer, but it doesn't look like this particular one is looking for volunteers right now. But that isn't the only thing I am allowed to do I know. So I'm going to keep looking. I think perhaps I may have just discovered a ministry in which to get involved.

1 comment:

  1. Hello~ Rebecca from Renaissance here. I wanted to take a moment today to pop over and thank you for your recent comment on my blog.

    I wanted to apologize too, for not answered questions you may have asked me and to let you know that while I WAS really, really bad at responding in comment sections before I am trying really hard to be better at it (and have been for a while now.)

    In fact, there is one over there for you now if you check! ;-)

    Have a great day! (And Unplanned will be going on my booklist, thanks to you. And may the Lord bless your efforts!)

    ReplyDelete