Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ohhh - money, money, money...

As a lot of you know, we are planning a really big, amazing, month-long trip out to two different states, for one month. To see all of you wonderful people of course. And to show off the baby. But as I'm sure you can imagine, the tickets will cost us a small fortune. Unfortunately, all of Micah's inheritance. Ok, ok, not really. But it WILL cost a lot, and in the words of my dearly beloved, "We'll have to live off beenie weenies for the next several months..." really, it's not that bad. We had a pretty good amount tucked neatly away, we can afford this trip. But we do want to build our savings back up to where they were before, so we're looking for ways to save. We can't cut the internet bill anymore, we've decided to keep Netflix since it keeps us from going to Blockbuster and renting movies, and then having to pay late fees all the time. I think we've figured out what we're going to do to cut the grocery/food bill (*coughstopeatingoutsomuchcough*), and we're going to do our best to consolidate trips to Fairbanks and save on gas. Also, if we absolutely need something, we plan on looking for it at a thrift or pawn shop. That's all we've thought of so far, though. Scott gave me the brilliant suggestion of posting this on my blog and asking all of you: how can we save some more? What have you done in the past (or even now) to spend less money? Any suggestions?

Also, keep an eye out for another post later today. I have a pretty big prayer request. But I wanted to post it separately because it involves someone who is very important to me and I want the sole focus of the post to be on her.

Until that post...

Ciao.

1 comment: