Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A trip and other things

Well, here I sit, wondering if I'm EVER going to get a chance to write a post AND post pictures at the same time. So far, I've been unsuccessful. Micah is finally down for his short nap, I've been hard at work today, and actually have things DONE on my long list of "to-do's"! The reason for my inability to post is the little guy I write about so much. He's been going through a "phase". He has been so incredibly cranky the last several weeks, and rather screechy (is that even a word?) every time I put him down for one minute. This is not conducive to getting any housework done, let alone posting anything, or any other relaxing activity. I feel myself like I've been going insane, almost like the first 8 weeks of his life. Praise God though, the last couple days he seems to be doing better. This week so far has been a lot less exhausting than last week. I've even gotten enough sleep the last two nights. I'm not sure if that's because we're finally back on a sort of routine, or if he's gotten less cranky. I think a little of both. We've had a lot more smiles out of him the last two days than we have since we got home from the hospital. I'm so grateful. That felt like it was going to last FOREVER. Even though I kept reminding myself, "This too shall pass...this too shall pass..."

Also, a side note on what's been going on lately...I find myself wondering often if I'm ever going to get over my freakish need to have everything neat and orderly. I was joking around with Scott last night that my blood pressure spikes every time I walk into our room, which right now, is an absolute disaster, due to my frantic attempts at completing The Great Laundry Switch. Fortunately today, it seems like I might actually get it done. I'm very, very much hoping to get the house nice and clean before we leave tomorrow for Anchorage, I really dislike coming home to a dirty house. I feel like I MUST get right to work as soon as I step through the door, and that I didn't deserve that little vacation I just took because I did not get the housework done. And I feel more than a little frustrated when Micah prevents me from doing anything. What a selfish, spoiled creature I am. Gross. I should just be thankful we are all clothed, and there is a roof over our heads, and we have more than enough food in the fridge.

Anyway. On to brighter things for which I AM very grateful. As I said before, we are leaving tomorrow for Anchorage! I am so excited. We're staying with some very good friends of ours, people we haven't seen since summer, and we greatly miss them. They are wonderful, godly people. And they haven't met Micah yet, either, so that'll be a lot of fun. I'm also grateful we just get to leave Fairbanks for a while. It is so ridiculously COLD out here. Anchorage is at least above zero, which will feel warm to us after being in -40's all week. And it'll be great to be with people we love, to kind of dampen the hardship of not being able to be with family. Our plans are to drive all night tomorrow night so that Micah's sleep schedule doesn't get messed up, because he sleeps really well in the car, and an 8 hour drive during the day would most likely make him sleep all day, which we don't want. It's seriously hard to keep that boy awake on the road.

I'm babbling now. So much going on, my brain is just jumping everywhere. Hopefully today I will post pictures. I keep saying that, I know. But there really, actually might be a chance this time. Just maybe. If not, and if I don't get to post anything before Thanksgiving... have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin you crack me up by your posts, I could just see your expresson on your face when you write these, and how much fun you must be having with a baby. Can't wait to see you soon, in the next year I hope.

    ReplyDelete