Friday, May 4, 2012

The Great Escape: The First Evening

As I sit here alone this evening with a rather cranky little boy, exhausted both mentally and physically, and longing for an hour more to go by so I can finally put the baby to bed and have some peace and quiet, I want to escape. I am so tired. He keeps crying and I want to just break down and start crying with him pretty soon. Either that or take it all out on a poor, unsuspecting stuffed animal. This desperate want to escape brings back a rather fond memory from our month-long sojourn to the Lower 48.

For the first time since Micah was born, Scott and I were able to leave the baby with family and get away overnight together, just the two of us. It was so wonderful. We went to a beautiful bed and breakfast called the Sea Cliff Inn and Gardens, in the quaint little town of Port Angeles. I cannot even describe how incredible it was to be in such a peaceful, inviting, breathtaking place with just my husband and not a care in the world about Micah's bedtime, time for Micah to eat, trying to calm Micah down, trying not to cry myself because I'm about ready to snap. (Can you tell my mind is still in the present situation?)

Rather than spoiling this memory with too many words, here are pictures to describe it all.

A plate of tiny, delicious cookies greeted our eyes when we walked in. 

                               Enjoying the peaceful vista together.

The view from our window. Lovely. 

My very handsome husband. :) 

And some of the scenery from the backyard...




Trying to be artistic.

The front of the B&B

And all THAT was just the FIRST evening we were there. The next installment will be -The Great Escape: In Which We Get to SLEEP IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment