Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy (Late) Valentine's Day!

The morning started as usual, I woke up feeling really groggy, scooped the boy up as he lay in his crib cooing to himself, brewed a cup of coffee. I had rather a late start that morning, and at around 11:00, I picked up my phone and discovered I had 6 messages! All of them were from Scott. They all said to go look in various places around the house, and excitedly, I began my hunt. Every spot had a small slip of paper, tied together with a tiny, artificial rose. Each paper had a handwritten note. Every hour, he texted me and I found a new note. That by itself made my whole day, but there was even more to come.



We had a date planned that evening, and Scott said to dress nicely for it, so when Micah was napping, I got ready and enjoyed it. I even did my hair, and it turned out rather nice! I also made Scott a small gift - peanut butter cups.

Scott got home, hurriedly dressed (he made RESERVATIONS! Fancy, right?) and we were off! After dropping Micah off at a friend's house, Scott took me to a restaurant called Lavelle's. We had gone here for our first anniversary, the food is wonderful, and the atmosphere is really nice.  There was a little candle on our table, the lights were low, and my love was even wearing a tie! Very romantic.
After we had dined, (I feeling very sophisticated), Scott pulled out a small, red box. My heart jumped a little. I almost felt as though I was being proposed to all over again! Inside was a delicate, thin, white gold chain. I looked at him quizically. He explained that there was going to be a jewel on it, but it wasn't ready yet. It is being custom made, out of Alaskan quartz! He said the stone is really beautiful and clear, he couldn't wait to give it to me. I was floored. Notes, a dinner, AND special jewelry? This was definitely the most romantic evening I have ever had.

I have the most wonderful husband, and I am SO very grateful for him.

2 comments:

  1. :( it's been a few weeks! You owe us posts! Tell us about how excited you are to come to WA and go to VA! :D

    (yes, I read these still)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it's been CRAZY busy out here. I know that's no excuse though. Fortunately, I just figured out a chore rotation that actually leaves me some time to work on the blog, so hopefully you'll be getting more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete