Monday, October 17, 2011

Silly stuff. And snow.

It's been a productive day! Except for this morning. I had an appointment scheduled to be seen for the stuff I posted about a few days ago, but it was scheduled for 8:30 in the morning. Which meant leaving at 7:50. Which is hard to do with a baby waking you up during the night. You see where this is going. I didn't make it. I had my alarm set for 7:00, Micah woke me up at 6:00 to eat, and then I went back to bed and slept for another half hour before the alarm went off. I was a total idiot and turned the alarm OFF instead of SNOOZING it. My reasoning?
"Oh, I don't have much time, I need to get up, not snooze it again."
And then I promptly fell back to sleep. Fast forward to 8:15, I wake up, delirious, and wondering if there is something important I should be doing...
"NOOOO!" the inside of my head screams, "IT'S 8:15! You IDIOT!"
So I proceeded to scramble to throw some clothes on, grab the baby, change him with frantic apologies about how I couldn't feed him right away (which he cooed at so I think the apology was accepted), got him strapped in his car-seat and drove off. And it was snowing hard. I was careful getting there, but as soon as I was parked, I jumped out of the car, ran to the other side to grab Micah and...
No!! The car-seat won't fit! (It was parked too close to the car. Because the OTHER car was really sloppily parked.)
I shut the door, ran back around, and pulled his car seat out from the other side. Then I walked quickly inside, and got there 15 minutes late. Apparently they call it a "no-show" when you're 10 minutes late. So much for all that. *sigh*.

But the rest of the day was good. The house was a disaster, and it was snowing and looked so beautiful, and that always inspires me to clean up so it's all nice and cozy inside. Snow outside is a great natural decoration when all the curtains are open.

Here's what I actually got done:

Three loads of laundry! Washed, dryed, folded, AND put away!
Unloaded the dishes
Loaded the dishes
Ran the dishwasher
Washed the pots and pans
Tidied up around the house
Swept
Cleaned up our room
And even made the bed!

All this while feeding Micah, burping him, changing him, playing with him...over and over and over again. I'd say it was a good, productive day. And the house looks much better. Oh, and smells better. :P 

Oh, and I have one more funny story from the other day, for those of you who didn't see my post on Google+.

Scott was gassing up the car Sunday afternoon, and Micah started getting a bit fussy. Scott opened the car door where Micah was, and said,
"What's up, Speedo?" Completely baffled, I questioned what he meant by that. His reply?
"Yeah, speedo; because he's tiny and looks rather uncomfortable."

Haha. I love my family. :)

Oh, and I have pictures to post, but I've not had a chance all day to get to the main computer so I can upload them off my camera. Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you missed your appointment. Hope you feel well until you can find out what it is.

    Can't wait to see more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete